Substitutes and full-time teachers should both plan for unplanned absences. Subs, how many times have you walked into a classroom with little or no notes for the day's curriculum? Teachers, do you have "emergency" plans for your subs when the unexpected absence occurs? For teachers, creating an emergency packet may take a little work up front, but is easy to manage and should include things like:
- class roster
- seating chart (up-to-date!)
- class rules and procedures
- school schedules
- common forms the sub may need
- Substitute Teacher Resources - Prepare your class for your absence with our substitute teacher printables and references.
- Creating Easy "Emergency" Plans for Substitutes - Whether you're hit with a bad cold, jury duty, or an all-day workshop, at some point during the school year a substitute is going to be in charge of your class.
- Creating A Substitute Teacher Packet - Start with a sample Sub Packet or A "fill-in-the-blank" Substitute Teacher Information Packet is available